With the month of May standing as a symbol as international worker solidarity, we are going to use this week’s action to contact labor leaders and worker groups around the world! Please make sure to be respectful!
1. Provide recent news and updates about Julian’s situation for them to distribute to their membership.
2. We should educate and encourage them to start groups similar to Doctors 4 Assange and Lawyers 4 Assange, but specific for their trade.
3. We can also ask them to have the organizations issue statements on Julian’s behalf about his trial and treatment.
4. Ask for a point of contact about who in the organization would handle a request like this.
5. You can always share Action 4 Assange’s contact information;
Contacting the Industrial Workers of the World
Organizing Department at email@example.com
Press Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Executive Board at email@example.com
International Solidarity Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Contact List and Local Directory can be found here;
Contact Major United States Unions
United Auto Workers
Phone 1-313-926-5000 or 1-800-243-8829
Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Submission Page https://uaw.org/organize/contact-uaw-organizing/
National Education Association
Contact Submission Page http://www.nea.org/home/827.htm
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
Phone (202) 833-7000
Local Chapter Directory http://www.ibew.org/Tools/Local-Union-Directory
Contacting Unions Internationally
IG Metall (German Trade Union)
Phone Number 069 66 93-2670 or 069 66 93-2672
Swedish Confederation of Professional Employees
Phone +46 (0)702-022132 or +46 (0)8-782 91 00
Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Finnish Confederation of Professionals
Phone +358 (09) 131 521
Associated Unions https://www.sttk.fi/en/contact/regional-activity/
Pushing Back Against The State
Local Government Education About Facial Recognition
Contact your local mayor, sheriff, police chief, and councilfolk about dangers of facial recognition and the ways others communities have banned it. Often times providing examples of other cities that banned facial recognition shows them how it can be done for them locally.
You can share these articles and resources with them:
Please sign and/or share these petitions to help push back against the surveillance state!
Ban Facial Recognition Petition
Stop The EARN IT Act Petition
Open Letter To Defend Assange
Petitions To Free Julian Assange